Friday, February 3, 2012

Double Shot Friday - WAHM Reviews!

I have a lot of friends who are work at home moms.  (WAHM)  I thought it would be fun to highlight them here!  I love working with them, and I love seeing the things they create.  They're all so talented!  I'll give a link and a little bit about them.  If you do decide to visit their sites, or purchase from them, remember to tell them where you heard about them!  


First, is my friend Liana.  She is one of the most amazing women I know.  Sometimes I swear she's a robot!  Liana is the owner and creator behind Baltic Creations, as well as the mother of four children ranging in age from 11 - 15 months.  Amber jewelry is a miracle, especially if you get it from Liana.  Amber is a widely used pain reliever in Europe.  I know it might sound crazy.  I didn't believe it at first, either.  When my youngest was a baby, I bought a children's amber necklace from Liana when she was just starting up.  He cut teeth we never even knew were coming!  He never screamed, he never cried.  I didn't go through tubes and tubes of Baby Ambesol or Orajel or any other unhealthy things.  His pain was relieved naturally.  And I'm proud of that!  To this day he wears not one, but TWO of Liana's necklaces....because he won't let us take them off!  As a matter of fact, my entire family had necklaces custom made by her.  Her custom work is undeniably some of the best jewelry I own.  You can see some of her other products by visiting her website.  Did I mention that Liana has always, always stood behind her products?  Definitely look her up if you're in the market for amber!  Lots of other people that sell 'amber' are really selling a form of plastic...don't get had, get Baltic Creations!  You can also find her on Facebook, where she can answer all your questions AND gives out discount codes if you're good!  Here are pics of the anklet she made for me and necklaces she made for my family!  Yup, she still had it two years later!




Second, is my friend Heather.  She is the owner and creator of Baby Snickerdoodles.  The sweetest, most ridiculously young looking person I know (we're talking 16 here, folks)!  She is the mother of four young children, ranging in age from 5 to her  8 month old bouncing baby!  Heather says her store grew out of her own personal crafts that were such hits with her friends that other people begged her to open a store!  I happen to be lucky enough to own one of her warm rice bundles, and it's ahhhh-mazing.  The *perfect* thing to help you relax after a  long day at work.  And green, which I love.  Heather also caters to the cloth diapering world with her crocheted longies, upcycled woolen pants, and skirties!  'Upcycled', for those not in the know, is using something already created (in this case usually a woolen sweater) to create something completely new....like baby pants!  Isn't that amazing?!  Recycling!  Or you can check out her reusable chalk mats or I Spy Bags, both of which are perfect for occupying children.  Think about how much more pleasant your next meal out will be with an I Spy Bag....uh, Heather?  I'm gonna need one of those!  Her many items are the most unique gifts you can give.  Head on over to her store and buy something awesome!  She gives out discount codes on her Facebook, so get over there! 


Another work at home mom that I deal with often is Heidi.  I actually heard about her store through her daughter, so Heidi's children are grown.  Heidi is the owner of Ear Candy.  I tend to visit her site often, and I have quite the collection of her earrings!  For a very long time, I only wore one pair of earrings; now that I'm back at work, I enjoy having a variety.  She is also kind enough to send me an email when she adds new earrings!  Enabler.  Her designs are so colorful, and unique.  I even see a pair I want tonight.  I've been wanting a pair of pink earrings, and what kind of KStater would I be if I didn't own a pair of purple earrings?  In addition to earrings, she makes bracelets and necklaces.  You have to check to her flu gallery.  Like I just did.  Now I need a necklace.  These are the perfect gifts when you're stumped!  They are absolutely gorgeous and your mom will love them!  You know I'm right!   Heidi is always a pleasure to work with, and her shipping is lightning fast.  You can't go wrong with prices this reasonable!  Be sure to tell her that Cathy sent you. 


Olivia is a knitting mom I know.  She has one little person who calls her Mama, and is the knitting wonder behind Greys Bumatomy.  A funny play on one of my favorite shows!  I sent Olivia the yarn to knit a pair of pants I was supposed to knit 6 months ago.  In fairness, I DID knit a pair but UPS lost them.  Sadly, I haven't had the time to finish another pair.  And that's where Olivia comes in.  After seeing photos of her work, and chatting with her nightly in a mothers group I'm in; I knew she was the one!  Anyone who has dealt with her, knows how wickedly fast she knits.  Her prices are also some of the more reasonable I've seen in the knitting world!  Scary, isn't it?  Olivia also dyes her own color ways!  Which is something I'm too scared to try.  We had a great time trying to name her yarn!  In her etsy store, you can find 'You Guys Made Me Ink', and I swear that even when I read that, in my mind it sounds just like in the movie Nemo.  Wonder what color way she'll come up with next?  Keep up with her and either grab some of her squishy yarn or knitting on Facebook or her etsy.  But get there fast, cause this WAHM has a waiting list for her knitting!  And I'm on it!  Woot.  Join her Facebook to see more examples of her custom work and to see how long the list is now! 


Got time for one more WAHM?  This one will be quick and relatively painless.  Promise.  It's ME!  I am a newly minted Scentsy consultant!  Don't know what that is?  It's an entire system for scenting your home in the most wonderful scents! I haven't come across one that I don't like yet!  Check out our full line of products here.  And you can message me if you have any questions or would like to set up a party!  I don't have a Facebook yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to let you know!  


Thanks for sticking around.  I really do hope you visit some of my friends stores.  They have some truly lovely products to offer.  But mostly, they are a GREAT bunch of women who are a big part of my life!  



No comments:

Post a Comment