Friday, January 27, 2012

New Shoes

Who doesn't love a new pair of shoes?  I love new shoes!  I also happen to have one very bad dog who loves to eat my shoes, so I have to the joy of buying new shoes often.  (please don't tell my husband...he thinks the shoes just multiply in the back of the closet)  I got a new pair of black flats yesterday.  They're snakeskin and they look awesome!  They're Coach, which makes them my first ever pair of wickedly expensive shoes.  If the dog eats these, he's dead.  (My husband said he was dead when he ate the last pair.  They were black flats too, and I didn't like them as much; so I buried them very deep in the trash before he woke up.)

As with a lot of new shoes, they need to be broken in.  They aren't overly comfortable after wearing them for a few hours and doing a lot of walking.  There is one spot that just rubs my heel a little funny.  So when I met my husband for lunch, I asked if he would bring my slippers to work.  And he did.  And I wore them.  All afternoon.  It was pure foot bliss!  Truly!  I even danced through the lobby on my way to the copy machine for the girls at the front desk.  Mostly I did it so I could show off the fact that I was wearing slippers at work, but I also did it for their enjoyment.  Every office should have a middle aged woman dancing in the lobby on a Friday afternoon, don't you think?  

I'm sure that the only reason I was able to pull slippers off at all, is because on Friday I strictly adhere to a casual dress code.  Blue jeans and K-State T-shirts.  I was also assisted in the soon-to-be famous Slipper Escapade by the fact that my boss left the office shortly after I got back from lunch, and his second in command was on a location shoot all day...which just left two other coworkers, and myself.  Mary is sick, so I've been keeping my distance from her.  Sadly, she did not witness the Slipper Dance.  (her loss)  Dave is a recent K-State graduate and  oddly enough, his everyday attire includes a pair of shoes that greatly resemble the Slippers.  

I will continue to wear my new Coach flats in the hopes that they will become comfortable enough to not need slippers at work.  But until then, I think I may just have found my all time favorite pair of work shoes!  I mean Slippers. 


By the way, K-State T-shirts can be purchased from varneys.com if your'e not local.  

No comments:

Post a Comment